2 C. all-purpose flour
1/3 C. Chocolate protein powder
1/4 C. Cocoa powder
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 C. Brown sugar
~2 C. semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 large eggs
1/4 C. Vegetable oil
1 C. Milk
1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Spray a 12 count muffin pan with cooking spray
- Whisk together dry ingredients
- Add chocolate chips and whisk until chips are coated
- Add wet ingredients and stir until just combined
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan evenly
- Bake at 375°F for about 25 minutes (insert toothpick into center of muffin, it should come out mostly clean)
- Let cool in pan about 10 minutes
- Cool completely on a wire rack
These muffins are incredibly moist and so chocolatey! I added thinkThin Protein & Probiotics chocolate powder for a tiny extra boost to my muffins and they are absolutely delicious. But you can use whatever protein powder you prefer, or omit it altogether.
If you do not use the protein powder though, you may want to add a touch more cocoa powder and/or use a little less milk. I suggest using 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp cocoa powder and start with only 1/2 cup of milk and then add more milk as necessary to achieve the right consistency, if the protein powder is omitted.
I hope you enjoy these muffins as much as my family does!